How to Help
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The 1,310-acre Sopori Creek and Farm will be purchased in five Phases through 2024. The Trust has raised more than $2.8M to date in cash and pledges, which includes a 1:1 matching opportunity for every dollar raised up to $2.5M from a private family foundation. We have reached our Phase I and Phase II goals to purchase 371 acres by May 2021. Your help is now needed to raise $120,000 to repair the water wells, install a hydrological monitoring system and raise our next Phase III goal of $400,000, purchasing an additional 281 acres by October 31, 2022. Join us in this extraordinary opportunity to save Sopori Creek and Farm and see its promise come alive.
Purchase of this specific property is vital. The opportunity is both possible and necessary now. Arizona Land and Water Trust is in a unique position to protect and steward Sopori Creek and Farm. Legal and financial acumen, scientific and agricultural expertise and a distinguished 40-year history of successful partnerships and outcomes all make the Trust the go-to organization to preserve this precious resource at this critical time.
You can partner in saving Sopori Creek and Farm by making a leadership gift toward:
- Purchasing the Sopori Creek and Farm
- Restoring Sopori Creek and Farm habitat
- Establishing the Sopori Creek and Farm Agricultural Apprenticeship Program
- Securing important cultural resources protection
You can also help protect the Sopori Creek and Farm by:
- Making a gift of appreciated securities or art
- Making a gift of real estate, which the Trust can sell to use the proceeds to save the Sopori
- Naming the Trust in your estate plans
- Hosting a gathering of like-minded friends to generate interest and support for the project
Thank you for your interest in the Sopori Creek and Farm. Please contact Liz Petterson, Executive Director, via email at email@example.com or phone, (520) 577-8564 to become involved in this important initiative.
Make an online gift through our Secure Online Form, and indicate that you would like it to be applied towards our Sopori Creek and Farm project by filling in “Sopori campaign” in the box option that states “I want my donation to be dedicated.”